D language is a newer programming language than C++ and it has some advantages over the latter. Some of the benefits of using D language include:
- Easier to read and debug code: D has a more modern syntax than C++ which makes it easier to read and debug. This is especially useful for beginners as it helps them to understand the code better.
- More powerful features: D has many features that make it more powerful than C++ such as built-in memory management, garbage collection, and support for concurrency.
- Faster compile times: Compiling code in D is faster than C++ as it is less complex. This helps to reduce development time and makes the process of creating applications quicker.
- Better standard library: D has a great selection of libraries available for use which make developing applications easier. This is especially useful for those who are new to programming as they don’t have to learn how to write their own code from scratch.
- D supports compile-time code generation and compile-time function execution feature which enables functions to be evaluated at compile time, reducing the need for manual code optimization and improving the performance of the program.
- D has support for functional programming using pure functions.
- D has much better support for concurrency than C++.
- Garbage Collection: D provides an automatic garbage collection system that simplifies the process of managing memory and reduces the amount of manual coding required. Memory safety: D language has built-in memory safety features that prevent errors like buffer overflows, use-after-free, and other security issues.
- Improved Syntax: D has a cleaner and more expressive syntax than C++ which makes it easier to read and understand the code. This improves the overall quality of the code and makes it easier to maintain.
- Faster compile time: D language has a much faster compile time than C++, which makes it ideal for quickly prototyping and debugging code.
- More modern features: D language has more modern features such as closures and contracts which are not available in C++.
- D includes built-in unit testing capabilities, making it easier to test and debug code.
- D modules and packages help organize code and avoid name collisions.
- D offers better compile-time error checking, making it easier to detect and fix errors.
If you want to learn D, please order this course.